User Experience (UX) Fundamentals Training
Register for our 1-day UX Fundamentals course and learn the true value of adopting a user-centred design approach within your team or organisation.
This 1-day course will introduce the participant to a broad range of UX-related topics, allowing individuals and teams a shared understanding of the techniques and processes used to drive product decisions from user insights.
Learn the fundamentals of UX in this interactive course which includes practical exercises showing the real-world application of the concepts we will explore.
There are certain products (physical and digital) that we naturally enjoy using, and that make our daily tasks easier to achieve. These products are designed well and tend to consider the end user. So what goes into making this user experience excellent or positive? As producers of digital goods and services, what steps can we take to improve the user experience for our customers? These answers are found within a group of disciplines collectively referred to as User Experience (UX).
The range of topics include:
- The principles of human-centred design
- Interaction design and prototyping
- The difference between UX and UI design
- Agile and UX – the merging of disciplines
- Price: R4,900 excl. VAT per person
- Course duration: 1 Day
- Location: Johannesburg (and other locations on request)
- What is user experience?
- Principles of human-centred design
- Qualitative and quantitative methods
- UX/UI design within an Agile context
- The design thinking process
- Customer journey mapping
- Empathy mapping
- UX vs UI design
- Heuristic analysis
- User research
Johannesburg - UX Fundamentals
The Focus Rooms, Sunninghill
19 Seats left
Benefits of a positive user experience
- Increased customer loyalty
- Added competitive advantage
- Higher employee satisfaction
- Improved usability, ease of use & simplicity
- Reduction in development costs by avoiding re-work
Who should attend?
This course is an introduction to the topic of user experience. It is aimed at anyone working in the information technology sector who would like to gain a deeper understanding of user-centred research and design processes. It is especially valuable for developers, business analysts, Scrum Masters, software testers, Product Owners and for whole Agile teams.
By attending this course and completing the learning exercises successfully, each person will receive a Certificate of Participation from the DVT Academy.
“It’s not enough that we build products that function, that are understandable and usable, we also need to build products that bring joy and excitement, pleasure and fun, and yes, beauty to people’s lives.”
Don Norman, pioneer and inventor of the term “user experience”